Saturday, March 30, 2013

REMEMBERING THE ONES IN NEED!!

Happy Easter Friends!

This week I ask myself, what can I do to make life better for someone?  Too often I spend my days worrying about things that I did not have rather than things that I have.  There is so much to be thankful for so I decided that I would make a conscious effort to give thanks everyday.  I am learning each day how Blessed I have been.

As I go about my day, I see so many people who are out of work, have a sick family member or just lonely. This week I ask myself, what can do to make life better for someone? I decided that with my couponing that I would donate items to the Second Harvest in our town.  With my couponing skills ( I am not an extreme couponer), I am able to do this without having to spend much money.  I am certainly not rich, but in the eyes of many needy folks, I have much more than they have.

This morning, I asked my daughter to fill a box of goodies that my husband will deliver to the Second Harvest next week.  It is not much, but I am sure this can help even one family.  I plan do this on a monthly basis.  Will you join me?  Donate some food or other items to one our or your local agencies that feed the needy; bear in mind the fact one out of every six persons is food deprived.





This is not much, but I plan to increase the amount as I go.  It has some of the basic items:  washing detergent, body wash, pasta, pasta sauce, tooth brushes, toilet paper etc.

I would love to hear about your generosity.  Share it with me so that I can let others know what they can do.

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment