Thursday, October 18, 2012

YARD SALE BARGAINS

Yard sale is another place I like to go to hunt for deals.  A few years ago I was an avid yard sales hunter but then I stopped for awhile because I realized I was gathering too much junk.  I renewed my strategy and now I am back to finding great deals.

A week ago I went to a yard sale and saw a plate; I was hesistant to buy but the plate reminded me of some my Aunt and Grandmother had many years ago so I purchased it.  

I looked at the back of the plate and saw "Belmont Nasco" but didn't recognize the brand.  I bought the plater for $1.00 and when I got home I looked up the brand and found out that this was a vintage china piece.  The platter is probably worth about $10.00.





Here a few rules based on my yard sale experience over the years:

1.  Check out yard sale locations the night before.  You can find yard sale information on Craigslist in your area.

2.  Decide how much you are willing to spend and stick to that unless you have found an extremely good bargain.

3.  Start out early; that is when you get the deals.  Others are on the hunt too.

4. Know what you are going to use the item for.  This way, you find yourself buying things aimlessly.

5. Of course, examine the items carefully before you buy.  If you don't, you will be mad with yourself when you realize the items are damaged.

6.  As always, trust your instinct on whether or not to buy an item.

7.  Never settle for the listed price; sellers are always willing to make a deal.

8.  Don't just buy an item because being sold for cheap.

Happy Hunting!  Would love to hear about your finds.

What was your best find from a yard sale?  Would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment