Saturday, June 22, 2013

DIY - TABLE USING PALETTES


A couple weeks ago I was  pondering on what would be my next DIY project.  I didn't want to spend any money so I asked my husband to get two palettes from our local Lowes.  He came back with 5 palettes; these were all free.  I decided to use two of these palettes to make a table for my back porch.


For this project, you will need some assistance from someone with some muscles.  Cut the palette into two equal pieces.  You will need one piece of the bottom and the other piece for the top of the table. 


You will need two pieces of the palette, four pieces of 4x2 approximately 4 inch in length and another four pieces, approximately 6 inches long.

Examine the pieces and use the better of the two pieces for the top of the table. On the bottom piece of the palette screw each of the four 4inch 2x4.  These are being used as the legs of the table.



Screw the 4 pieces of the 6 inch 4x2 on top of the bottom palette. 

Screw the top piece on next. Remember, these palettes were used to  transport heavy products so they won't be perfect.  The imperfection gives character!
 
The finish product; it can be used as a table to hold your refreshment as you enjoy the evenings or as a table for your herbs.  I am using mine as a table for my herbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment