Saturday, September 21, 2013

WEEKEND DIY - USING ACORNS



I had some acorns from last fall and wanted to give them a new look.  I used the acorns in their natural state in some of my decoration last Christmas.  I am now going after everything silvery in my decor.  After much contemplation, I decided that I spray these acorns and see what effect it would give.  

Things Needed
1 can silver spray paint (I opted for the shiny version, looks like silver)
1 large vase
1 candle, color of your choice.  I opted for candle in a small vase.













Place the acorns on a piece of cardboard or newspaper and spray.



Turn over the acorns spray.  Continue to spray until all the surfaces are covered.  Let dry.



Place some of the acorns on the bottom of the large vase. Secure the small vase with candle on top of the sprayed  acorn.  Add acorns all around the small vase until it fits securely.

You can use this as it or add some ribbon and of course there must be bling!






Here is another  version; you can use any color candle.  If you use candle that is not
in a container you have to be careful.  Remember the acorns are dry and can ignite easily with a fire.



This is a very easy and inexpensive project to do.  I am sure you have some of these items around the house so recycle.  You could even spray your acorns another color, blue, red or gold. Whatever color that will compliments your decor.  I would love to see yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment