Friday, September 21, 2012

Renewed Chest of Drawers


Bargain! Bargain!  Oh how I like bargains!

Found this chest of dresser for $30.00 on Craigslist; it has good bones so decided to purchase and redo.

Original chest



1. Removed the knobs/pulls.  Drawers 1 & 4 had extra pieces of wood used to give additional details.  I removed these.  Theyextra details tend to date this piece so I decided to remove them.

2.  Lightly sand the surface.

3.  Make sure the surface is clean. Wipe off with a damp cloth ( I used an old T-shirt).

4. Paint (I used a paint with primer ).  I used a grey color since this was what I had available.
I used Valspar Duramax (paint and primer). Used foam 4" roller.


5. Remove the drawers and paint.  Paint the rest of the chest of drawer and let dry.



6. Chest painted and let dry for about 15 - 20 minutes.

7. You could use the old pulls/knobs but I decided to add new ones to give this piece a fresh look.  Add pulls/knobs.  Pulls/knobs are expensive and can run you several dollars each..  I purchased a box of 10 pulls for $19.98 at Home Depot.  I could have also sprayed the the old knobs and that would be even cheaper.


The finished product!!

The work is worth the rewards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment