Saturday, September 29, 2012

Small Dresser - Renewed

This is another great find from Craigslist.  I purchased this for $25.00.  I usually set my spending limit at $30.00; I have to get a really great buy that I can't resist to go above that amount.

Material:
4 inch sponge roller
Paint ( I used black but any color would work)
Sand paper
Knobs/pulls (I used the original ones; I just spray them silver)

1.  Clean the surfaces of the dresser with a damp rag and let it dry.


2.  Remove drawers and remove knobs/pulls.

3.  Lightly sand the surfaces and clean with a damp cloth (an old T-shirt would work well) and let dry.




4.  Paint the body and drawers (I used a Valspar black satin paint with primer).  Didn't want to buy new paint so I used what I had on hand. 



Depending on the what the surface looks like after the first coat; you might have to give it a second coat.  Make sure each coat is thoroughly dry before you try to add another.



5.  Spray the knobs/pulls ( I used the original knobs/pulls but spray them silver to keep the cost down). Let the knobs dry.




6.  Install the sprayed knobs on to the drawers.





7.  Replace the drawers and the job is finished.

Even though this is a small dresser that was orginally intended to be used in the bedroom; remember, many furniture pieces can serve dual purposes. 

This piece is now in my hallway!  What do you think?







Here is a comparison

Before




After

My family members are all anxious to see what my next project will be.  Follow me; there are many other projects that I am working on.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment