Monday, December 31, 2012

RECYCLE - REUSE CONTAINERS

Happy New Year to everyone!  Make this New Year bring you much happiness, peace and health.  Thank you for supporting me last year.  I hope I have inspired you to try diys around your home
I live in a house with an environmentalist.  We are constantly being reminded that we should be doing something to reduce our carbon footprints.  This has finally hit home and now I am trying to recycle and reuse many of the containers that we get from our weekly/monthly food purchases.  Here are a few ideas that you can utilize around your home.

Coffee Container

 Your coffee containers can be utilized in many ways.  Try spraying the cover silver or any color of your choice and glue a candle holder to the bottom of the container and add some "bling." You now have a beautiful storage container.  I use my container to store cotton balls in the bathroom.




Oats Container
Oats container covered with a beautiful pieces bought at Hobby Lobby.  Measure, cut paper and apply using spray adhesive.  I used this to keep my craft items.
Oats Container
Spaghetti Jars
Spaghetti jars, perfect for storing items in your kitchen. I saw this unique label on Pinterest and I printed some for my pantry.  Bottle is being used to store baking soda.  My goal is to reduce as much boxes and bags in my kitchen.  Here is a link to the labels, if you really like.(http://pinterest.com/maureenjh80/diys/)

Spaghetti Container
Spinach Containers 
This spinach container has saved my day.  I have several ribbons left over from a recent wedding and I couldn't find a suitable container to store them.  I wanted a container that will make these ribbons visible.  Sometimes when items are stored in boxes and they are not visible; they stay there and you forget about them.

Spinach Container

I measure the length of the container (1/2 inch extra on each side)because I need something that would hold the rolls and make the ribbons very accessible.  I cut a piece of bamboo from my back yard (you could use a piece of dowel from the craft store).

Make a hole on either ends of the container.  Also make a slit on one of the sides to allow access to the ribbons. Put the stick through one of the hole, insert all the rolls of ribbon on the stick(make sure the end of each ribbon is accessible through the slot) then put it through the next hold.


Spinach container used as storage for ribbons
 
 Toilet Paper Roll used to make wall art
Each week we toss several toilet paper and hand towel rolls.  These can be used to make various accent pieces for your home.



Direction for making this wall art:   http://julesdiys.blogspot.com/2012/11/simple-diy-using-paper-rolls-wall-art.html

 





No comments:

Post a Comment